Meridian Global Consulting, LLC (hereafter “Meridian,” “we,” or “us”) respects individual privacy and values the confidence of its customers, employees, consumers, business partners, and others. Meridian strives to collect, use, and disclose personal and other information in a manner consistent with applicable laws, and prides itself on upholding the highest ethical standards in business practices. This Privacy-Policy describes how Meridian collects, uses, and shares information in connection with our website at www.meridian.us (the “Site”); GRUNTS App and the emails that we send to our customers (collectively, the “Services”). It also describes users’ choices regarding use, access and correction of personal information.
- What Information is Collected
- Who Collects the Information
- How the Information is Used
- Information We Collect on Behalf of Our Clients
- With Whom the Information May be Shared
- Privacy Protections for Children
- The Choices Available to Users Regarding Collection, Use And Distribution of Personal Information and Other Information
- What Kind of Security Procedures We Use to Protect Loss, Misuse, or Alteration of the Information Under Our Control
- Information for European Union Users
- International Transfer
- Contact Information for Questions, Comments, or Complaints
- Dispute Resolution
What Information Is Collected
Meridian collects both Personal Information and Other Information when you register for or use the Services. “Personal Information” is any information or set of information relating to an identified person or an identifiable person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such an identification number, location data, an online identifier or one or more factors specific to physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity. For example, Personal Information includes name, address, email address, employer’s company, job title, phone or fax number, employee ID, travel itineraries, including emergency contact information, passport numbers. “Sensitive Personal Information” means Personal Information that reveals race, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, that concerns an individual’ health or sex life, tax information, banking information, social security numbers, records of criminal proceedings, or that which is designated in writing by a third party as “Sensitive Personal Information.”
- For individuals residing in the European Union, where Meridian collects Personal Information directly from you, we will inform you about the type of Personal Information collected, the purposes for which we collect and use the Personal Information, and the types of non-agent third parties to which Meridian discloses or may disclose that information, and the choices and means, if any, Meridian offers individuals for limiting the use and disclosure of their Personal information. Under these circumstances, notice will be provided in clear and conspicuous language when you are first asked to provide Personal Information to Meridian, or as soon as practicable thereafter, and in any event before Meridian uses or discloses the information for a purpose other than that for which it was originally collected or discloses it for the first time to a third party. For Contractors or Personnel working for Meridian, Meridian collects both Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information to facilitate logistics for travel to and from work sites, conduct background checks in accordance with client requirements, and to pay personal for work performed. All Personal Information is stored on Meridian’s server. All Sensitive Personal Information is no longer stored on Meridian’s server. A physical copy is kept in Meridian’s Operations Center in a locked filing cabinet where it is accessed only when it is needed.
We collect Personal Information for Meridian Commercial Services in the following circumstances:
- You provide certain Personal Information to use when you: (a) register to use the Services, (b) order products and services from us, and (c) send email messages, submit forms, or send other information to us.
- Meridian may obtain Personal Information about you from third parties. For example, we may receive data feeds, including your past, current, or future travel plans, from a travel agency, Global Distribution System (GDS) such Sabre, or other data aggregator, such as itinerary aggregators in order to provide risk management services.
- In the event of a complaint, we may receive Personal Information about you from other users or third parties who may communicate information to us about you in relation to that complaint.
- We may collect Personal Information from you at other points in our Services that state that Personal information is being collected.
We and our service providers may also collect Other Information when you use the Services. This may include your computer or device operating system and browser type, your Internet Service Provider, your domain, your general geographic location, the website you visited before the Site, the webpage visited, the content accessed, the time spent on the webpage and the link you used to leave the Site.
Meridian collects both Personal Information and Other Information for Marketing purposes when you register for access to content in any form or you contact us. Personal Information collected for Marketing purposes includes name, address, email address, employer’s company name, job title, phone or fax number. We do not request any “Sensitive Personal Information” for Marketing purposes.
We collect Personal Information for Marketing purposes in a variety of ways including:
- Offline: When you attend one of our events, during phone calls with sales representatives, or when you contact customer service or our operations department.
- Through You: Information that you voluntarily provide through forms or access requests. Note that there is no legal obligation for you to provide us with Personal Information and any information collected by us will be provided by you at your own will and with your consent. We may also collect Personal Information from you at other points on our Services that state that Personal Information is being collected. You always have the ability to modify or remove information you provide to Meridian through an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Information From Other Sources: In order to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing, offers and services to you, we may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms, as well as from other third parties.
We and our service providers may collect Other Information for Marketing purposes in the following ways, including:
- Through Your Browser or Device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device such as computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, and the name and version of the Sites (such as the Apps) you are using.
Meridian collects both Personal Information and Other Information when you apply through our careers portal or some other method and when you are employed by Meridian. Personal Information collected may include name, address, bank information for payroll purposes, email address, job title, phone or fax number, emergency contact information, and where appropriate, passport numbers and/or national registration numbers. “Sensitive Personal Information” means Personal Information that reveals race, criminal proceedings, as part of routine background checks, and work performance information.
On our career portal, we use Google Analytics in the manner described above.
Who Collects the Information
Meridian Global Consulting LLC is the company that collects the Personal Information and Other Information through our Services. Our mailing address is 812 Downtowner Blvd Suite A, Mobile, Alabama 36609 USA.
Our Customer Service email address is email@example.com.
How the Information is Used
For individuals residing in the European Union, Meridian will use Personal Information only in ways that are compatible with the purpose for which it is collected or subsequently authorized by the individual or directed by an employer that has purchased Meridian product services on behalf of its employees. Meridian will take reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Information is reliably used for its intended use, accurate, complete and current.
We use Personal Information and Other information as part of our Commercial Services to:
- Provide you with content, products, and services that you request, fulfill the terms of any agreement you have with us, and operate our business.
- Register you for the Services and tailor the Services specifically to the profile you provide.
- Send administrative communications about the Services, provide relevant alerts and information related to your travel, respond to your travel requests, request feedback or handle customer service questions or issues, or notify you of important changes or updates to the Services.
- Provide location-based services to you. For example, Apps may enable you to opt-in to check-in with your current location, send a signal with your current location, receive content including incident and threat information that is tailored to your precise location, and, allow your precise location to be monitored on a real-time, continuous basis.
- Operate our Services, enhance our Services, and deliver messages.
We use Personal Information and Other Information for Marketing Purposes to:
- Respond to any requests for information you submit.
- Send newsletters and promotional communications (which we send on an opt-in basis where required by law) regarding our current products, Services, and features; our new or improved products, services, or features; and other information that we believe may interest you. Although we hope that you will find our promotional communications useful, you may opt out of receiving them by following the “unsubscribe” instructions included at the bottom of each email message.
- We use your information to do such things as understand and analyze how the Services are being used, create new products and services, and deliver messages.
- We may provide lists of prospects from tradeshows with partners (on an opt-in basis where required by law).
- We may provide certain information to potential customers on an aggregated basis.
We use Personal Information and Other Information collected for Employment Purposes to:
- Fulfill our legal obligations as your employer including performance evaluation, tax reporting, payroll data and employee benefit services.
With Whom the Information May Be Shared
We disclose information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- Meridian may share Personal Information and Other Information we collect with our contractors and third-party service providers, including companies that send email and other messages on our behalf to you, to companies that store such information for these uses, and companies that perform analytics services for us, on a need-to-know basis in order to provide and maintain our Services. We also share information with our local agents to facilitate travel for visa and customs formalities. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us. For consumers residing in the European Union, Meridian will obligate such service providers to safeguard such information in a manner consistent with this Policy and the consent provided by you and to provide the same level of protection as the Privacy Shield Principles.
- We share information we collect with GRUNTS, Overwatch, and Citadel, Meridian affiliated Apps, who must also adhere to the Privacy Shield Principles.
- Our Site and Apps may allow third parties (such as Google) to collect information through cookies, pixel tags, and mobile advertising identifiers, such as Apple’s IDFA or Android’s Advertising ID, for use in online internet-based advertising. For more information about behavioral advertising practices, visit the Network Advertising Initiative (http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-digital-advertising), the Digital Advertising Alliance (http://www.aboutads.info/) or the European Digital Advertising Alliance.
- If a Meridian product or service is purchased by an individual’s employer on behalf of the individual, Meridian may transfer Personal Information or Other Information, including precise location, to the employer for its legitimate business purposes, including, without limitation, for purposes of risk management and/or crises response.
- When you contribute to a public area or feature of our Site, the information that you submit will be made available to other users, and sometimes to the general public. For this reason, we recommend that you do not submit any Personal Information, including your full name, home address, phone number, or other information that would enable other users to locate you, or financial or medical information on these areas of our site. To obtain removal of such content or information, please send an email with a detailed description of the specific content or information you would like removed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted, since the content or information may remain in our database, may remain visible in a manner that does not identify you, or may have been re-posted by another user. There may be other circumstances in which applicable laws do not require or allow removal even if requested.
- In addition, Meridian may use and disclose Personal Information and Other Information as it believes reasonably necessary: to comply with applicable law or respond to legal process (for example, a court order, search warrant or subpoena); in response to lawful requests by public authorities (such as to meet national security or law enforcement requirements); to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, violations of our Terms and Conditions, or in other circumstances in which Meridian has a good faith belief that its products or Services are being used in the commission of a crime or that there is an emergency that poses a threat to the safety of you or another person; or to protect our rights and property.
- Meridian may disclose Personal Information or Other Information to facilitate the financing, securitization, insuring, merger, sale, assignment, bankruptcy, or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets.
Privacy Protection for Children
This Site and the Meridian Services are provided for adults only. The Site and the Services are not directed to children under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18 through the Site or Services.
The Choices Available to Users Regarding Collection, Use and Distribution of Personal Information and Other Information
You can control the collection, use and sharing of your information by following the instructions stated below. Please note that if you provide any information to parties who provide services to our Site or Apps or to any other sites or apps you encounter on the internet or otherwise (even if these sites are branded with our branding), different rules may apply to their use or disclosure of Personal Information you disclose to them. We encourage you to investigate and ask questions before disclosing Personal Information to third parties.
- You have the right to access, amend or delete Personal Information we hold about you, and in some cases to object to the processing of your Personal Information or request your Personal Information be provided to you in a portable form. For example, if your Personal Information changes, you would like to review or correct your Personal Information, or if you no longer desire our Services or Employment, you may correct, update, or remove your Personal Information by emailing email@example.com. Upon request, Meridian will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
What Kind of Security Procedures We Use to Protect the Loss, Misuse, or Alteration of the Information Under Our Control
Meridian takes commercially reasonable administrative, technical, and physical precautions to protect our users’ information against loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, no system is 100% secure, and therefore we cannot guarantee the absolute security of the information that we collect.
We may retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements, consistent with applicable law.
Information for European Users
Meridian participates in compliance with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-US Privacy Shield Framework. Meridian is committed to subjecting all personal data received from EU member countries and Switzerland, respectively, in reliance on each Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List at https://www.privacyshield.gov/list
Meridian is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, under each Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Meridian complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU and Switzerland, including the onward transfer of liability provisions. With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks, Meridian is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, Meridian may be required to disclose persona data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Meridian provides services globally so it may be necessary to transfer your Personal Information internationally. In particular, your Personal Information will be transferred to and processed in the United States and wherever you access Meridian provided Services while you travel. By using this Service, you acknowledge that the data protection and other laws of other countries may provide a less comprehensive or protective standard of protection than those in your country or the country you are in while using our services.
Contact Information for Questions, Comments or Complaints
Users are encourages to contact Meridian if they have a Privacy Shield-related complain. Questions, comments or complaints regarding the use or disclosure of Personal Information and this Policy should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or submitted to the following person by mail as follows:
Attn: Privacy Officer
Meridian Global Consulting LLC
812 Downtowner Blvd Suite A
Mobile, AL 36609 USA
Meridian will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints and disputes regarding use and disclosure of Personal Information in accordance with the Privacy Shield principles contained in this Policy. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our Meridian’s President at 251-345-6776.
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website, you may submit a complaint. You may be entitled to invoke binding arbitration when other resolution procedures have been exhausted.