- Conduct audits of a TSMS, and the vessels to which the TSMS applies, to verify compliance with the applicable provisions of Subchapter M;
- Issue TSMS certificates to the owner or managing operator who complies with 46 CFR Part 138;
- Conduct surveys of towing vessels to verify compliance with the applicable provisions of 46 CFR Subchapter M; and
- Issue survey reports detailing the results of surveys, carried out in compliance with 46 CFR Part 137.
Towing Vessel Safety Management System
January 3, 2018 – On June 20, 2016, the Coast Guard published Title 46 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Subchapter M – Towing Vessels. In complying with the new regulations, owners and managing operators have two options: (1) Towing Safety Management System (TSMS) Option, and (2) Coast Guard Option.
Regardless of which option an owner or operator chooses, Meridian is ready to assist with readiness assessment and compliance preparation. We can support the following activities:
- TSMS Development and Implementation
- Internal Audits
- Vessel Survey
- Incident Investigation
- Management Review Support
- Designated Person
To order, please contact (808) 282-4981 or email@example.com